Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pictures I Took Of Two Early Morning Poems I Wrote At WEST CAPE HOWE Winery in Denmark, Western Australia 2/12 /08








Hope you enjoy these two poems that I wrote in the morning of February 12th, 2008 at the WEST CAPE HOWE WINERY in Denmark, western Australia. I wrote and also drew some on this morning as I walked around the grounds while we waited for Gavin Berry to show up. Chris Pigott and Nick Stacey were all there waiting to start the day.

I didn't wait, of course. My day was already started as I was quite inspired by the sights, smells, etcetera before me. I loved the Sauvignon Blanc vines and grapes there just off of the wrap-around veranda. I loved how the vines grew like crazy and I drew this and took pictures, too.

I was seeing it all for the first time and my eyes and other senses were eating it all up like there was no tomorrow!

Cheers, it's Sunday, January 11th, 2009 here at home in northern Virginia at 1:02 PM as I type this and remember these glorious times spent in the company of Nick, Chris, Gavin and the wonderful staff there and their families of WEST CAPE HOWE.

This was just a moment, but it was my moment and for the moment that I had it was " the only moment ". I know, I know, sounds trite or obvious but we can all learn from really experiencing each and every moment because they are ours and really the only ones we have. It was a beautiful morning there, too.

I wrote the two poems on the white stationary from the Ocean Beach Hotel in Cottlesloe, Perth , western Australia where Chris Pigott and I stayed for two nights before driving down to Denmark with Nick. He was our chauffeur and what a glorious chauffeur he was!

Thanks a million! TONY

No comments: